Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wouldn’t That Make Me A Bit Of A Dandy?

Today’s Wall Street Journal reports (suckscription only) on the latest trend in men’s fashion: “shorts -- dressy and tailored -- with suit jackets, sport coats, dress shirts and even ties.”

Why on earth am I going to wear a tie with shorts?!? Free the knees yet bind the neck meat? Yeah, I don’t think so.

I’m with Tony Green (whoever that is): “Shorts with a suit jacket would make me feel a little too Little Lord Fauntleroy.”

The great thing about a blog is that if this does really catch on I can come back here and eat my friggin’ words.

3 comments:

Taran said...

I like the term "suckscription" is that original????

Vince said...

hmm, i don't know. i think you may be able to pull off this look. of course your long underwear would be under the shorts. do they sell nude tone long underwear?

Mister Ginger said...

bobby -- I suppose the shorts would be great for wading (and perhaps for impressing your boss, depending).

taran -- sadly, now that I've googled suckscription, it appears that it's not original, only nearly so :-(

wince -- actually, now that I've gotten fat again, that's not such a problem.