Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Foibles

Yesterday, one of my colleagues attempted to send a box to another department in another building (but on our same campus) via inter-office mail. For whatever reason my coworker printed out a full mailing label, complete with return address, and put it on the box. The box was picked up with yesterday afternoon's mail and delivered back to us with this morning's mail.

In all honesty, I'm a bit surprised at this. When I saw the box—complete with mailing label yet destined only for another building on campus—sitting beside the outgoing mail, I was pretty certain that the mailroom would apply the appropriate postage and send it through the USPS.

The department name has now been highlighted on the label with a pink highlighter, and we took the bold step of pointing out to the guy who picked it up today exactly where it goes.

No comments: