My DVD player has quit working. I looked online and followed the instructions for my problem (Error: NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC) in the eSupport Knowledge Base. (It was the second item under “Hot Topics” for my model — surprise, surprise.) The final diagnosis: service will be required.
My player is covered under some sort of exchange program. For $131.75 I can mail it in and receive a refurbished model. I couldn’t remember how much it cost new, so I looked to see what a comparable model by the same manufacturer would cost. Turns out the brand spankin’ new model — same brand with similar features, plus newer features like HD Upconversion — is $139.00. They cannot be serious.
Well, I don’t have an HD TV, so that new feature doesn’t mean much to me (today anyway). And I hate to simply throw out my DVD player. So I’m going to try and find a repair place nearby and see what they’ll charge to take a look at it. I should start a pool on how close to $139 I’m going to spend trying to avoid leaving this thing by the curb. And did I mention gas it $3 a gallon?
1 comment:
Aren't they disposable now???
Post a Comment