Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No Particular Focus

I'm feeling vaguely irritated today. I can't point to any one thing, nor am I really angry. I'm just kind of miffed at the world. While working on a writing assignment today, I found it necessary to consult a thesaurus wherein I came across lists of words for how I was feeling about everything:

befoul, belittle, besmear, besmirch, bespatter, blacken, cloud, decry, denigrate, deprecate, depreciate, derogate, detract, dirty, discount, disparage, downgrade, minimize, run down, slight, smear, smudge, smut, soil, spatter, stain, sully, taint, talk down, tarnish

Yeah, that feels about right.

3 comments:

Taran said...

Mr. Ginger,

Please let me convey the importance of your blog. I finally started reading it last night and I laughed incredibly hard. I gain much amusement and solace from the various travails you expereince. It's not just schadenfreude, I enjoy your writing style tremendously and take solace from the fact that I am not the only one who must deal with idiots on a daily basis.

PoMonkey said...

Dear Mr. Spleen Venter...can we add aggravated, provoked, goaded, annoyed,and irritated??

Taran said...

Wow! You know you're in a bad mood when your wifey shows up on your blog and pistol whips you!

Ouch. I'm glad Kadie doesn't blog.

She doesn't even read mine. I accused her of this and she said "I do read it when its on." Meaning -- when I've left the monitor turned onto that particular web page.