I sometimes find that reading other people’s efforts at venting their spleens is as refreshing as venting my own. I came across just such a thing today.
Rob Walker currently writes the Consumed column in the New York Times Magazine, but I’ve been sort of following his writing career since his days at Slate. At any rate, he has a blog (gasp), and today’s entry is just the sort of thing I’d write. It seems that he hates his HMO (double gasp), and every month when he gets the bill and has to write them the check, well, it’s not pretty. This month, however, the envelope with the bill included a little something extra that sent him into full spleen vent (spleen-vent?) mode. Enjoy
By the way, if you click around his site a little bit you may come across his homepage, which I take as a personal threat (although it is a really great picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment